Saturday, September 8, 2007

alright...

...Let's try to get this blog train back on the rails. :)
I just got back from a 3-week excavation at the Fortress of Louisbourg in Nova Scotia, and also recently married. I haven't seen my new husband since 2 days the wedding. It's been a while, but I've been keeping quite busy since then.
Working at Louisbourg has been quite the learning Experience. One could say they sort of threw me into the deep end, It was a struggle to swim at times, but I got the hang of things pretty quickly. I will tell you the history of the place in my next post, so for now, I'll just give you a basic timeline. For those of you not familiar with the site, Louisbourg is a French fort that was built c. 1725. The Brits laid seige on it twice. Once in 1745, then again in 1758.
Well, til tomorrow,
~ Mary

4 comments:

Chelsea Gallant said...

Hey girl! Good to see the blog going again! :) Congrats, by the way, new auntie!! :D That would make you "Tante Mary", right? :) Will you get to see your new nephew soon?

I'm glad things went well in NS. Of course it would be a challenge in a new place with new challenges, but it sounds like you had a positive experience all in all. Can't wait to hear more! Love ya!

Matt n Amanda said...

HEy Mary
I so hope you are on your way here and that you are here soon. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in louisburg. Chat Later
Love Amanda

The Nieuwhofs said...

Nice going Mary, keep blogging. See you tomorrow.
Love, DAD

Brian K said...

Good to hear from blog again, Mary. I will be sure to keep in touch with you and Isaac this way--if you keep posting ;). I can't wait to hear more of your digging experiences.

love,
brian