This past week, we finally got our new furniture. We went to IKEA and since I still don't have a charger for my batteries, all I can do if give you the names of what we bought and you can check out IKEA's website to see what they look like. I think I will have to give in and buy a new charger this week. We got the beige EKTORP sofa, 2 tall bookshelves,a short long bookshelf, and a t.v. stand from the MARKOR line (the dark brown stain), and the dark red HELLUM rug. Things are looking a bit homier now, which makes it nicer to come home to - not to mention easier to keep things tidy since there's more room for everything to go.
I have some pics that I took before the furniture, but after I came and unpacked boxes with stuff for the apartment. I think these are the first pics to appear on my blog in nearly a year. That's embarrasing.

This is part of our bedroom. The colours are currently blue and beige (from my old room in Grand Rapids), but is doesn't go that great with the yellow walls, so we talked about making the decorating colours deep red and goldish, since we can't paint the room.

This is the bathroom. The colours are Black and white and the accent colour I've chosen is this bright lime green. It makes the bathroom fun that way... as opposed stiff and stark.

This of course, is the kitchen. We're in there alot cooking. yum.
I'll try to get more pics posted soon. That's all I've got for now.
I'm going to make some tomato soup for dinner. I was missing yours Dad, so the next best thing is making it myself. :)
Love you all!
~ Mary

4 comments:
Yeay!! So neat to see your place, and your new goodies...what a great idea!! I don't mind if you keep doing all the work.
It sure is easier to keep a place tidy when everything has a home! I recently rearranged my studio space and it is soooo much fun to work in there again. Strange how one's creative juices can ebb and flow...
Talk to you again soon, love ya, TT
How nice to hear from you again. We missed you. Saw your pictures with Micaiah on Dianna's slide show. Nice. Hope you had a wonderful time.
Whoa is me. As I hardly ever travel I am not an IKEA nut like the rest of the family. I feel like I'm missing out on something very important. I need to get a catalogue or something.... :D The dark red Hellum rug sounds nice. Red's my favorite color. It'll look smashing in any room. Especially with dark wood. Striking.
Your apartment looks really nice. Wish I could visit.
Enjoy your soup. Hugs to both, Tante Karen
Great to see you back here. Great pictures, and you should get a charger for the camera. Love to see it all together.
Love,
MOM
Hey! Good to see you updating! ;) It's sure frustrating when things don't work on the computer, eh?
You have a lovely home! I hope to get down there someday to see it!! Maybe I'll be able to take a roadtrip after grad? ;)
I love you & miss you greatly!
Chelsea xoxoxo
Post a Comment