Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a Date

Things are starting to come together. I'm making a 'wish list' for the furniture that we need. At least we have a bed at this point :)
This evening Isaac is taking a practice test for his first test which is next Friday. When he comes back we're going on a date. There's been rumours of going to the movies and getting some dessert. Exciting :) It's our first date as a married couple - not that that should make it any different... but it's our 6 week anniversary and we've only been together for 5 days and a few ours of that time. Crazy eh?
We got officially married yesterday and promptly went to USUHS to get me an ID card for if I ever need to pick Isaac up, or go to the clinic, etc. Once we begin the paperwork process, I have to get a new Social Security Card and inform the bank, the Canadian Gov. etc. about my updated marital status and name change. Yay, more paperwork :P
Anyway, Isaac should be getting back within the hour so I might as well have a look and see what I can make for dinner.
Talk to you again soon,

~ Mary

4 comments:

Chelsea Gallant said...

Hello my darling! So glad to hear that you made it home safely, and that you're on your way to resuming married life! :) I love that you guys are celebrating your 6 week anniversary, and you've seen each other for five days! I hope your date was absolutely wonderful! And have fun at IKEA! You'll have to send some pics of your new place!

Love you & still miss you, but glad to hear all is well!

Chels xoxoxo

The Nieuwhofs said...

Sounds like you are setting up shop. We'll be over to inspect next week. Hope your date went fabulous.
Congratulations on your legaly getting married.
All the best, love you,
DAD

Matt n Amanda said...

Hey Mary ol Pal
Sounds like things are going just peachy for you. I wish you all the happiness in rearranging the paper work.. it will be a pain in the butt and I only moved to fredericton. At thispoint I do not envy you... how are things looking for IKEA...??? are you going to be going? lve you lots and hope your dte was great!
love Amanda

sugarnuggets said...

What fun!!! You'll have to give us all the details....well, not ALL of them. Hope it was a good time.

Enjoy your adventure and it's my prayer that you look back on it as fondly as you look forward to it!!

Love you, TT