Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Grand Trip Abroad

Well.. grand yes, abroad- only in the sense that I left the US. I had a great trip... very uneventful, which, as I've discovered, is preferable. I really enjoyed being back in PEI and with my family. Sometimes one just needs family time, and since my birthday was coming up, it was the perfect excuse. My intention was to surprise my entire family- but that didn't last long since I realised I would need a way to get from Halifax to PEI. So, I told Mom and Dad. I also told Matt and Amanda since I wanted them to come too so that I could visit with them as well. Well, then Pete was in the room when I told Dad of the plan, and Rebecca had to be let in on the secret since it was odd that Mom and Dad would randomly decide to go to Halifax on a friday morning. And I realized then that it is very hard to keep secrets in my family. Oh well. I did manage to surprise Caleb and Damaris, both of whom seemed genuinely surprised. :)
I really enjoyed myself hanging out and chatting, and having fun times with everyone. I sure ate alot too (not that I'm malnourished here or anything). I ended my visit with a dessert party with homemade desserts and all of the relatives . That was fun... and yummy.
I was glad to get back to Isaac again though. He missed me alot I think. We've been back to business as usual here in the last week. Well... sort of. My work was cancelled from Tues.- Fri. because of ice on the driveway. Normally, that wouldn't be as much of an issue, but the driveway is a rather steep hill straight into the house that is our lab. Now that might end disasterously! I didn't complain though. I've had another bout of sinus infection and only today have started feeling better. My doctor says it is this area with its dry winter air. He assured me that one I move from this area, I won't have as much sinus trouble. Until then, I think I will get a vapouriser for our bedroom.

5 comments:

Dianna said...

vaporizers are amazing things they are..so are humidifyers (that doesnt look right..) both of the kids fared really well with them when they were sick and they were better in no time. If you need one there is a vaporizer at the consignment store for like 5 bucks or so I think. if you want it... i love that place..such great deals! Im glad to hear you re feeling better. It was probably nice to have a vacation from your vacation and get all settled back in.. i would love to go home but i can wait! Love you lots! Have you been working on any more books?

sugarnuggets said...

I love consignment stores too! Glad you are finding assistance for your ailments and maladies :):)

Glad too that you had a good visit to the Island. We are heading out there in August for the family reunion....woooohoooo!!!

Hope work and studies are going well! Love ya, TT

rustico3059 said...

It sure was great to have you home for a short time. Those deserts were all finished off a few days later. I really hope that you get over these sinus infections once and for all.
Have a great week, love
MOM

Karen Nieuwhof said...

lol... secrets are hard in a family, aren't they?
We had to know too so Randall could excuse himself from work. :P
It was so great to have you home. And share in all those yummy desserts.
Love you, Tante Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

Glad to hear you're home safely. And even got to have some more vacation. At least you got to spend some extra time with Isaac right away. Always good to come home again after a vacation. As they say: Nice to be away, but even nicer to come home again.
Hope your week will be fabulous.
Love, DAD.