Monday, February 16, 2009

a day off...

Happy belated V-tines Day!
Since it's Presidents Day, Isaac and I both have a day off. He of course is studying and I'm been working on a cross stitch. Lately, I've been wanting to toss aside the cross stich and pic up another of my hobbies like knitting or cardmaking. I feel bad though knowing that someone is depending on me to finish the cross stitch. I'm also afraid that if I abandon it now, I'll leave on the back burner for a while and I guess it might be better in the long run to get it done and over with eh?
Last week we had unseasonably warm weather. It was nice to ditch the jas en sjaal for a few days. It's back to "winter" temps today though and I've heard rumors of snow (that usually means rain here). We'll see what happens, but after last week, I'm excited for Spring to come again.
Last night we had dinner at a friend's with some other couples and we played "Super Scrabble Deluxe". Now that's taking Scrabble to a whole new level! We had a great time together and we'll hopefully hang out again sometime.
I promised Isaac yesterday that I would make him some cinnamon rolls today- I guess now's as good a time as any. I just have to get myself away from the computer. I still want that recipe btw Tante Tetcy. :)
Hope you all have an excellent week!
Love,
~ M

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Hi Mary, it was nice to find your post today. And even nicer to have a day off. I also agree with you on the cross stitch, if you wait too long, you will not get it done.
So you had a taste of spring did you? It is pretty mild here too. Above zero again on Thursday. In the middle of February, oh well, our winter is not over yet.
Hope you have a great week. Love you both, DAD.

sugarnuggets said...

I shall go and hunt for that recipe but first I'll have to remind myself of what it was I cooked.
I was thinking last night that it will be good to have leaves on the trees again...

How'd your cinnamon rolls turn out? I'm on a muffin roll.....

Love ya, TT

Dianna said...

wasnt the warm weather awesoome! I went to work in the garden.i cant wait for spring either, all of my bulbs are popping up now so thats somewhat encouraging! Hope you have a great week and that we get some more nice weather soon! I will try and call you sometime! Love you! Dianna

Karen Nieuwhof said...

OK... you girls are making me jealous with all your talk about spring and gardening. I'm especially looking forward to it this year, after our little break from winter.
I've never played that version of Scrabble before. Was it a challenge?
Mmmmmm... I wish I could pop over for a visit and a cinnamon roll with you. Sounds so good.
Luv yas, Tante Karen