I decided to forgo my laundry folding until tomorrow so that I can finally start posting again. I figured you would all appreciate that- and it's been waay overdue.
As many, if not all, of you know, Isaac and I were very recently on a trip abroad. We weren't sure what we were going to do up until the day we left. We got last minute (I mean 5 minutes before the office closed) Global Eurail Passes which allowed us to travel by train in any of the 20 participating countries. That, as it turned out, was a really good investment. So, without further ado, our trip...
As many, if not all, of you know, Isaac and I were very recently on a trip abroad. We weren't sure what we were going to do up until the day we left. We got last minute (I mean 5 minutes before the office closed) Global Eurail Passes which allowed us to travel by train in any of the 20 participating countries. That, as it turned out, was a really good investment. So, without further ado, our trip...
Day 1:
We started out our journey by going to Andrew's Airforce Base in MD to catch a flight to Ramstein Airbase, Germany (DE). We flew on a C-17, complete with side-facing flip-down seats. Let's just say it was a long, cold flight, but it was an interesting experience for sure.
We started out our journey by going to Andrew's Airforce Base in MD to catch a flight to Ramstein Airbase, Germany (DE). We flew on a C-17, complete with side-facing flip-down seats. Let's just say it was a long, cold flight, but it was an interesting experience for sure.

We left Andrew's AFB at 12 midnight and arrived at Ramstein AB around 2pm local time (at least, I think so... we didn't have a working clock at that point). From there, we took a taxi to Landstuhl, DE to catch a train to Amsterdam, NL.

We arrived in Amsterdam, NL around 11pm so I didn't take any pics at that time. I did take a couple on the train on the way though.


Next post: Amsterdam, NL

6 comments:
sounds fun! I wish I could go... but not enough to actually go :)
It looks like your trip wasn't overly exciting at this point. hehe
I'm glad that you had a good time and I can't wait to follow your blog to see what you did everyday. The pressure is on girl!
Love ya!
Amanda
I don't imagine that there was first class available on that flight? Sounds like a great adventure.
Klaas
Sweeeet!
What an adventure!
Can't wait for the next installment...
TT
Sounds great, can't wait for all the pictures.
Love MOM
What an experience for you guys. Glad you were able to do that. It must have been quite an experience, the side facing flipdown seats, no windows, guess everyone had an isle seat.
Did you at least get some pretsels?
Like all the pictures. Can't wait for the next instalment either.
Love, DAD.
Ooooohhhh... a mini series. Can't wait to catch all the installments. What will happen next?!?!?!
So far, it's pretty cool. Interesting flight! That's an experience most of us haven't had.
Love it that you got train tickets!
Eagerly awaiting more... Tante Karen <3
Post a Comment