Happy New Year everyone!
Well.. it's official. I'm ashamed of myself for not making the time to keep people updated.
It's a new year though. What better time to start afresh?
Christmas was great. Isaac and I both had a 10-day break. We spent alot of time with eachother (to make up for the 2-3 weeks before finals that I didn't see him) and also catching up with family and friends. My favourite thing about the christmas holidays is the time spent with loved ones. I love decorating so that things are gezellig too. :)
Unfortunately, I don't have any Christmas pics. No one in Isaac's family goes around with cameras like many in my family do- in fact, almost no one like to have their picture taken. It's kinda sad because I know down the road when they have families of their own, they'll look back and wish there was at least 1 or 2 pics to show their kids. Even though I've never been one for New Year's Resolutions, maybe I should make one this year. After all, after a few classes in college, I should know how to take pictures. :)
For Curt's birthday (my Father-in-Law) Isaac and I hosted a murder mystery dinner. It was such fun! It took place during the Roaring 20's and everyone (all of Isaac's family) dressed up for it and we stayed in character throughout the meal. It was a great success and we might have to do it again before too long.
New Years was very chill. The weather wasn't so great so we stayed at home and had John Lee over for a visit and to play some games.
Pretty soon our break will be over. I think Isaac is itching to get back to school. He's at the library today working on a paper. I guess I don't blame him. He and I are different in that way- I love breaks and relaxing but he feels much better accomplishing something. When Monday morning comes around though, I'm sure I'll be glad to be getting back to a routine.
We're taking down the tree tomorrow and putting away the decorations for another year. It's a little bit sad when that time comes. But, I always feel a little bit happy knowing that they'll be back out in a year. I think I'll make myself some hot chocolate and enjoy the last of my holiday. I love you all!!
~ Mary
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Thanks for keeping us updated so frequently. We are thankful for the Phone though.
We wish both of you a blessed new Year, and let us continue to be like the wise men to seek Jesus.That we will recognize the opportunities that God gives us, and that we are always available to do His will.
Love MOM
What more can I say after that. Mom said it all. I also wish you guys all the best for the coming year. Hope you continue to have fun in Med. School as well as your work. Love you guys, DAD.
The mystery dinner sounds like a LOT of fun. Too bad there's no pictures of everyone in costume. You must get that camera and be the family photographer. :D They'll hate you at the moment but be very appreciative in the long run. I'm such a picture person that I think that's sad. :(
This has been such a great day -- I "found" you on facebook and now this -- a blog from Mary. I'm so smiley right now!
Thinking of you both with much love, Tante Karen
(PS. Think of Omke Marten tomorrow. He's 42! Your family will be over for apple pie and fondue. Wish you could come!)
good to hear from you, my dear.
thaks for updating..i guess i need to do the same! Thanks for the chat last night! Love you lots!Dianna
I'm glad you had a good holiday!! Handmade ornaments are the best! They'll become your favourites for decades to come!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful new year!
Love yas, Tante Tetcy
Post a Comment