Granted, I'm really not a sports playing or sports watching kind of person, but even I've been watching the superbowl ever since being at Calvin. Not without fail, mind you, but almost. I'm glad that the New Orleans Saints won it this year- not only because they were the underdogs and you can't help but root for the underdogs, but also because maybe finally the country will do its part to help rebuild that city. At the same time, it's unfortunate that winning the superbowl is the only thing that finally puts NO back on the map... getting renewed awareness for a city that suffered so much devastation nearly 5 years ago. Hopefully those residents affected will finally get the help they need to rebuild their lives.
Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Maybe some pics for the next post. :)
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nicely put Mary, I didn't watch it. I hope that they will put money into rebuilding. Uncle Klaas and them are going there next week. Looking forward to pics for next time. Have fun.
Post a Comment