![]() |
| 2010-02-22 Rodeo & Wine tasting |
Yesterday, Isaac had the day off and was very eager to get out and do something fun. We went to the San Antonio Rodeo since neither of us have ever been to a live rodeo event. Unfortunately, the tickets for the actual rodeo were already sold out. It was really nice out though 80F (26.6C) so we had fun walking around the grounds. We walked throught the carnival area, browsed the artisan and local businesses booths, and watched a guy do a 'show & tell' of some of the animals in the Amazon. We even got to watch a pig race. Hilarious!
Later in the afternoon, we went to a winery in Frederickburg, TX for a wine tasting. They make some tasty wines in what they call the "Texas Hill Country". There's a grape that's native to the area called "Lenior". It has a very different taste from any other red I've had. Generally, it's mixed with Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah, but this winery also does a full lenior.
http://vintagetexas.com/blog/?p=323
We ended the evening by going out for dinner at the Silver Creek Beer Garden. The best day I've had in a while, I think.


3 comments:
Glad you guys had so much fun. It sounds like the winery was a hit as well. And you are right, Mom and I would be having a great time at a place like that. We would enjoy the scenery as well. Loved the pictures. It gives us more of a sense how things are over there. Nice temps too by the way. Not hard to take. I hope you will enjoy the rest of your time there as well. Love, DAD.
Surprise! After having such a mild weekend... today it's snowing. I can't believe it!
How cool! Rodeos are so much fun! There is a little one near here every year. Glad you had such a fun outing!!
TT
Post a Comment