Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's simply been ages since I last posted. I got discouraged since I had so few comments on my last posts. Then I realized 2 things: I should blog anyway, and maybe people are in fact reading just not saying anything.
Isaac and I are currently in San Antonio, TX. Though I have to admit to not entirely liking this city, it does have a few gems to offer. Sometimes they just get shadowed by the rain.
I haven't taken any pics yet. I'll try to work on that, but in the mean time I have been keeping pretty busy. On tuesday nights, I have a 3-hr Book Arts and Letterpress class. During the rest of the week, I've been working on my artwork for the project I hope to finish by the end of the 8-week class.

Isaac has been keeping very busy too. He's doing his surgery rotation here. Last week, and for the next 3 weeks, he's doing general surgery. He starts the day at the hospital by 4:50am and generally works until 5pm or 6pm. He's on call with his team every 3 days which means they're for sure there til 7pm, then depending on whether a new case come up by 7pm, they could be there as late as midnight. If their call night falls on fri. or sat., they're there for the whole 48hr period. He hasn't had to do that yet, but generally, each med student will do that at least once during the 4 weeks of Gen. Surgery.

Other than not seeing too much of Isaac these days, all is well here. I was annoying sick for the week 2 weeks ago, but thankfully, I'm done with that now.
Til Later!

3 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Hey, Mary is back. So glad you found us again. Hope to see you lots. I much prefer this mode of information over facebook. It has too many distractions. And it never does what I want it to do.
Glad to hear you are doing much better and that you are active in a course. I truly hope you will enjoy it. It sounds like Isaac is getting a real taste for the kind of grueling schedule he could be in for at any given time. I hope he will enjoy it regardless. Wish him all the best from me, next time you see him. Love you and look forward to your next entry.

rustico3059 said...

Glad to hear you feel much better, and have some energy to do something. Would love to see some pictures of that area, as soon as the rain goes away. Have a great weekend, Love MOM

sugarnuggets said...

Yeay Mary!

I'm so glad you are blogging again! And you never know how many people are lurking out there, and just not commenting.

What fun to be in the lone star state. How cool that you've been so many places, I'm sure some are neater than others....