Let me give you a quick overview. The pics are organized chronologically (mostly). Also, note that every morning after breakfast, we picked up lunch (sandwiches, chips, cookies, etc.) (and sometimes supper) at the grocery store on the way to downtown edinburgh.
Day – 1 After MANY hour of flying, we arrive at our B&B in Edinburgh around supper time. We go out for a quick supper before calling it a night.
Day 2 – Take in Edinburgh castle in all its splendor. Later, we stroll through the park and have our supper there too.
Day 3 – the Highlands Tour. 8am – 8:30pm. Includes the Highlands, the Lowlands and Loch Ness.
Day 4 – Souvenir Shopping on the Royal Mile. Later, we hike of the big hill which I refer to as Arthur’s Seat in the pics, but we didn’t go up all the way. We chose, instead, to catch the sunset over supper on the ridge (which you can see in pic ‘view of Arthur’s Seat from Edinburgh Castle’). The ridge with the sheer red cliff.
Day 5 – Train to Glasgow. After roaming the city for the afternoon, we eat nasi at the Mao CafĂ© for supper. Good stuff!
Day 6 – Rain. No pics of the city…Went to the Glasgow Cathedral and neighboring museum of religion.
Day 7 – Plane to London. Visit the Tate Modern before heading to our Hotel/B&B.
Day 8 – Rain. Visit the Victoria and Albert Museum. Biggest Mueum I’ve ever been in. Google it. Hit up the Natural history Museum before catching traditional Fish and Chips dinner at a nice pub. (that was our splurge on supper night).
Day 9 – Rain. Go to Hamleys toy store (7 stories of fun!) for some souvenirs. Way too many monies. Later, we got to the Museum of London. After learning the history of London prehistoric to present, we got some more suitable souvenirs. Our last night. We get some Amazing (and inexpensive) Indian takeout. Yumm-o!
Day 10 – head to the airport to fly home. No problems with the re-entry. Thanks for the prayers.
Well, that was our trip in a nutshell. I hope you enjoyed the show.
Love,
~ M
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sounds like an absolute blast! I'm glad you got to have your somewhat exotic honeymoon after all haha. Looked and sounded like a very good time! I love youu! - Becs
Great slide show, looks like you saw a lot of history. have a great weekend,
love MOM
look like a lot of fun. Glad the slideshow worked for you. I still didnt get my mail... but I keep on checking... very exciting to be expecting something in the mail. How is the job hunting going? Did Isaac fill in his share of the papers? Hope things are going well. Love you lots!
Amanda
Sounds like a wonderful trip. My mom has ALWAYS wanted to go to Scotland but never has. I'll have to show her your pictures.
Your overview was a great idea. I can picture your daily activities (complete with meals - yummo!) and it sounded like a LOT of fun. I'm so happy for you that you got to go. Lotsa love, Tante Karen
that you had a lot of fun on that trip. Glad you were able to finaly have your honeymoon. The pictures are stunning. I remember pake telling me of his trip to Scottland, his highlight was stopping at the distillery in Glennfiddich. And Isaac enen found Nessy. Bet that made it special.
Hope you have a great weekend, DAD.
Post a Comment