As I'm sitting here typing, I can hear some sanders, saws, and hammers making some noise as workmen are renovating an apartment in the building next to ours. I think there might have been a fire in that apartment at some point ( or something) and that apartment (not the whole building) is completely gutted. The sanders sound like a heard of mooing cows - which is amusing yet strange since we live in a city.
In other news, Isaac's parents hosted an open house for us (for those that couldn't make it to the wedding) at their house yesterday. There were approx. 80 people altogether. I couldn't even begin to remember all those names :P. Every one was very kind and generous. I got a few tips and ideas for the job hunt process, which was very much appreciated.
I'm going to start writing the thank you cards after lunch and after I start the laundry. If anyone knows of another apartment in the area that has the laundry facilities in the unit, I'd love to hear about it.
Anyway, I best get something to eat.
I'll talk to you again later. Thanks for your comments!
Love always,
~ Mary
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I actually didn't mind the laundromat. I could do 4 loads of laundry simultaneously and be home again in an hour and a half. And you can take a book, or those thankyou notes with you. Anytime you are in the neighborhood, you and your laundry are more than welcome!!!
What a neat idea to have an open house there!!!
Miss you too! Love TT
Hello My Dear Friend!
May I say, I always look forward to seeing your comments at the bottom of my blog posts! :) And I'm super-impressed to see you keeping updated on your blog!! :D It sounds like you had a great open-house! Isn't it so terrible trying to remember names?!?! I've met so many people here, and I'm always drawing blanks on their names! :P
Oh the joys of laundry! :P Are there any cheap laundromats in the area? :P
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love ya!
Chelsea
Nice to see you back! I was also 'away' but you'll have to check out my latest. Nicolle is anxious about comments.
Sounds like we all did laundry today. Your apartment building doesn't have facilities? How annoying is that? Are you willing to move to get some?
The open house was a nice idea. Hope you had fun. It's intimidating meeting so many people at once. Hard to remember all their names that way. I'm sure you were very well accepted. You're such a nice person.
And you're so missed by us. Love from Tante Karen
Mary,
That is really nice of the Youngs to hold an open house like that, although it must have been really overwhelming for you!
That is too funny, cows in the city.
Did you go to the window to check it out?
So your open house went well? How's the jobhunt? Did the advice help?
Love you guys , DAD
Its funny because when I was at home I didnt get your story but I heard about everything else. I feel so out of the loop here. haha. Sounds like things are going well there and do tell about where you applied and where you hope to work. love you lots and Ill talk to you soon!
hey guys
nice that your open house went well, i don't think i'd remember all the new faces and names either.
Hey good look to Isaac with all that studying and all those tests!
And good luck to you on that job hunt.
Happy laundry too, on that note, i best get to mine.
Love you so much.
tante tineke , and the kiddies
Hi,
I am back ion the air, Pete fixed my computer (We think it was a virus). Glad you are doing well and that you had a nice open house.
Any more gifts?
As for laundry, just be thankful you don't have to them by hand.
Have a great rest of the week.
Love MOM
Post a Comment