Thursday, May 8, 2008

My life -

Keeping busy is not difficult to do as you all know. Lately, I've been spending my free time working on 3 cross-stitch projects (paid projects) for a lady who came shopping at Michaels. I had no idea that cross stitching really takes so long.
On Monday, I'm beginning a new position at work. Lead sales of floral. Basically, I told my manager that I'm getting frusterated working as the FES because all the unhappy custo mers yell at me for things I have zero control over. It gets to you eventually even though you try your best not to let it. I believe there is a pay raise involved as well. The downside... when there's a truck, it's be at work at 5am. yuck. Oh well... I am still looking for another job. I had a promising one lined up as a book binder. The owners of the company really wanted to hire me, but don't currently have a position open. They even tried making up a new position, but couldn't quite make it work in the budget yet. They said maybe in a few months. I'll keep you all updated of course.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, Marry. 3 cross-stiches, now? pretty impressive. she must like your work.

rustico3059 said...

First of all, I was pleasantly surprised that you had a new post.
Hope the new job description is more to your liking, and lets you use some of your artistic abilities.
I am glad that everything is going well, and have fun doing those cross stitches.
Have a great weekend,Love MOM

The Nieuwhofs said...

Hey Mary,
Glad to hear from you again. Hope your new job will be less frustrating. How is Isaac doing?
Have fun with those cross stiches. It will help to ease your mind after some frustrations at work.
Later, love, DAD.

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I hope the cross stitching is going well. It's something I couldn't do. I like my projects to be completed in a short time period. Cross stitching takes too long. Good luck with that.
I really hope you like working in florals better. I'd really like that except for the early truck part. Maybe you'll hear from that book company before too long.
It was great to see another of your blogs and hear your news.
Hi to Isaac. Love to both. Tante Karen

Matt n Amanda said...

just pretend each hole in the cross stitch is a angry customer... then something ugly can be turned into something beautiful.... how deep was that... I know I know. :)
Hopefully you hear back from the book binding place.. it sounds worth the wait. Until then you will be great in florals... you are awesome at that.
I hope you have a super week!
Love Amanda

Maris said...

Wow it's pretty cool your doing a 3cross-stich project! I hope that it'll go very very well. It would be fun if somtime in the summer you could come to visit us it would be so awesome! Anyway hope you get that job. =P
Love you!!!

Maris