Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dear faithful readers,

It's been a whole month since I last posted, though it seems like just yesterday.
We've been been quite busy with work and school. Isaac just finished his last round of exams for his 'quad'mester. His Spring Break began last Monday and ends this Sunday. I've been asked to come into work early a few times this week to help scrub down the registers and counters - baseboards and all. To say the the new District Manager is a neat freak is an understatement.
As most of you have probably heard by now, I've recently begun the arduous task of job searching again. The customers in the D.C. area are beginning to wear me thin and I'm not a fan of the new changes that are being made since Michaels Corporate is under new ownership. To leave now will be quitting while I'm ahead I'd say, and I feel good about that decision.

We had a great Easter weekend. We went to Berkley Springs, WV - a natural warm springs. It was nice to get away from the city and relax. We made it back into Silver Spring just in time to go to church for the Easter morning service. Afterward, we went to Isaac's parent's for easter dinner and an egg hunt. So fun.

Yesterday, Isaac and I had grilled supper - grilled marinaded chicken thighs,with grilled corn and veggies. After supper, we went for a walk down 'Capital Crescent Trail' a nice maintained trail in the area.
I will leave you with some pics as we're leaving to go grocery shopping soon.
Love you All!
~ M








5 comments:

Brian K said...

Love the pictures.
Good luck with the job search.
Hope to see you again soon, my friend.

sugarnuggets said...

You'll find something! Maybe something closer to your field of expertise! Surely someone needs something dug up somewhere?!!!

Did you get your haircut!? Looks so cute!! I feel a trim coming on, you're so inspiring!!!

Glad you two had a bit of a break, we have a date tonight...yahoo!!

Have fun getting groceries...maybe you should pass along the recipe for that marinade?!!

Keep up the good work with your studies Isaac!!
Love ya's, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

Time is flying for you if February seemed just like yesterday.
Nice pictures, did you have a nice walk? Is that trail close to your house? Looks beautiful.
Hope you find what you're looking for in the next job. I didn't know that Michaels is under new management. Keep smiling.
Al the best for the rest of the week. Love, DAD

Matt n Amanda said...

Loooks like you guys are doing well. It was so nice to hear from you and hear that you are doing well. I think the easter egg hunt sounded like the most fun. Love you lots and we should talk soon. Email me and tell me what works for you and if you have any minutes. Love ya!~
Amanda

Karen Nieuwhof said...

A whole month -- I missed you. It didn't seem like yesterday to me. :( Well, I'm glad you're back. Sounds like a change is in store for you. A new job. I wonder where God will lead you!
I'm sure Isaac did great on exams and it must have been nice to have Spring Break after all that studying. Berkley Springs sounded nice. Easter dinner - Yum. Egg hunt - how fun. We had one too. :)
I agree with Tetcy -- it looks like your hair is shorter. Cute. Are the other pictures a place near your home? Nice.
Love you LOTS! Write more often, OK? I think of you all the time, Tante Karen