Saturday, February 23, 2008

Today is the day...

... for a new post. It's been nearly two weeks, but I asn't lazy. I finally got the car registered in MD and new plates. I'm so happy that the battle with the MVA is finally over. At least for the time being.

I still haven't gone out in 'nice' (none wet-cold) weather to take pictures of the area. I want to go to Downtown D.C. some day or evening to take pictures too, but that may have to wait for some warmer weather... or a pair of gloves :)

For now, I was looking at some of the pictures I took when we went to the Balitmore Aquarium right before christmas. I forgot my camera card, so I was only able to take 10 pics. But some of them turned out ok enough to display.
These are some of the colorful fish that are in a tank which lines the walls in a tall narrow room. The onlookers travel a series of ramps down to the shark tanks below the tropical fishes tank. So it's like a 360º tank. Way cool!
There was a special frog exhibit when we were there and there were so many different frog. If you ever come visit us - especially if you have kids - We should go to the Aquarium... and the zoo of course.
Here's another frog. This one was so tiny, you could hardly see it. This is an image of it after I zoomed all the way on my camera for the pic then zoomed some more in my photo editing program on the comp.
This is a pic to capture some of the intense colours of the greenery in the tanks of the tropical frogs.
This picture of a ray (I forget which species specifially) was completely black on my camera. I was able to play with the contrasts and colour saturation to create this weird almost cartoon-like image. Or someting out of some SciFi movie.

Just for the record from my last post, my Christmas arrangments turned out really nice, but the pictures I took of them did not.
I've been looking at a new digicam but the one I want could only be purchased without guilt if I had some way of generating revenue from it. What a hard place to be in. I just don't allow myself to think about getting one these days. After all... the one I have now still works - it's just slow and old . Sad... it's only going on 4 years... but that's digital technology for you. Constantly updating and getting better.
Well, I'm off to tidy our home and perhaps, if I feel motivated after that, I'll bake some chocolate chip cookies.

Silly me! I got so caught up with my pics that I forgot to tell you how Isaac is doing. School is going well. He just had his Bio Chem final this past Thurs. - which means no more Bio Chem for a while, something we're both excited about. He has a solid 'A' in the class. I'm proud of him for working so hard and doing his best even when the studying got rough. Well done Isaac!
Talk to you all later.
Love you much! And, thanks for all your comments it's great to know that people haven't forgotten about me :).
Love,
~ Mary

7 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Nice pictures Mary. I'd love to visit with you and see your aquarium and zoo. How fun that would be. We'll have to think on that for the long-term vacation planning. :)
Tell Isaac we're so proud of him and congratulate him on his great marks. Bio Chem was one of the hardest, was it? Sounds like you're both happy it's over.
Enjoy those cookies and remember that you aren't forgotten. We miss you greatly and you are thought of often. We'll miss you at the family get-togethers when Tante Tetcy is here this week.
We love you, Tante Karen and gang

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Way to go Isaac, we love you and we're so very proud of all your accomplishments.
we love you and miss the two of you, and you are never forgotten about around here.
Love so much, tante Tineke and kiddies

Brian K said...

Nice shots, Mary. Maybe I should head up there sometime while I'm here.

sugarnuggets said...

Way cool! That would be a neat place to visit. Glad you get out and see the sights and eventually post the pictures!! 8)
I think of you often!
love ya, TT

The Nieuwhofs said...

Wow, you finaly did it. You got the car properly registered. That took a lot of patience.

I like the pictures Mary. Brings back memories of another aquarium.

Great job Isaac, glad your studies are going well.
Love you guys, DAD

Dianna said...

well I hope you can get a new camera at some point. It sure was nice to get ours finally! The stupid batteries never stayed in and so it was being held togethere with electrical tape! How sad...so now Damaris has it and is enjoying it I think. I love the pictures and when ever we get around to seeing you, maybe when JOrdan has two days off after he has watch , we could make it a 4 day weekend and drive up and see you guys, and then we would go to the aquarium altogether . Jordan and I want to go up to the one in cherry hill or some place up north, but we have to wait till we get paid. Micaiah is getting dedicated this weekend, so Id like to get him something cute for that! Love Dianna!

Maris said...

I just got back from GEMS winter camp and it is a master storm now.
I hope to see u again and go to the aquirim maybe.. dunno and congrats on the A isaac :D