So it's been a month since I last posted. Much has happened since then. Isaac and I went to PEI for Christmas and had a great time. It was truly a blessing to get to go. We made it back to MD on the 29th (of Dec.) and spent New Year's with Isaac's family. Now it's a new year - 2008 (though I still forget pretty often at work to write 08 instead of 07).
During the first 2 weeks that we were back, I had to work everyday. I finally had this past weekend off and Isaac was in Chicago for the weekend so I got to chill and have some 'Mary' time. I watched alot of chick flicks, slept in til 9 or 9:30 every morning and worked on the blanket that we're crocheting. It's nearly done, which is great since I started it in my sophomore year at Calvin.
It was initially going to be a wedding present for Jordan and Dianna, but I've donwsized it and I think that I will still give it to them for their kids. It's going to get quite cold soon (I don't know about you Di, but it hasn't snowed here yet), so I'm sure the blanket will be useful to them. (Surprise Dianna! Bet you forgot all about that eh!)
I'm working the afternoon shift today so I figured I had no more excuses about posting anymore. Isaac will be home in an hour for lunch, so I'd better get some lunch on the go.
Love you all, and thanks for not giving up on me yet :)
~ Mary
During the first 2 weeks that we were back, I had to work everyday. I finally had this past weekend off and Isaac was in Chicago for the weekend so I got to chill and have some 'Mary' time. I watched alot of chick flicks, slept in til 9 or 9:30 every morning and worked on the blanket that we're crocheting. It's nearly done, which is great since I started it in my sophomore year at Calvin.
It was initially going to be a wedding present for Jordan and Dianna, but I've donwsized it and I think that I will still give it to them for their kids. It's going to get quite cold soon (I don't know about you Di, but it hasn't snowed here yet), so I'm sure the blanket will be useful to them. (Surprise Dianna! Bet you forgot all about that eh!)
I'm working the afternoon shift today so I figured I had no more excuses about posting anymore. Isaac will be home in an hour for lunch, so I'd better get some lunch on the go.
Love you all, and thanks for not giving up on me yet :)
~ Mary
I wanted to leave you guys with a pic, but since I have no recent ones, here's a wedding pic that I had some fun with.


11 comments:
Nice picture, Mary!
I'm here in the area now. We should hang out.
You know...I never forgot about that blanket..but I wasnt about to hold it to you to give it to me..I know what its like to have to finish such a project as that! Im thrilled that I still get to have it, and if I remember correctly, it will fit nicely in my house. I hope that we can get together sometime soon again, it was fun to have you guys over when you were here last!
Love you lots! Dianna
haha... Brian was the first to post on your blog. I find that funny. So glad to see you updated your blog. I may actually write on mine yet tonight too. hehe. Im so glad that you had a nice relaxing weekend, it would be nice just to revamp your energy. Well I should go.. talk to you soon!
Love Amanda
Hey Mary and Isaac
Really enjoyed seeing you guys at christmas.
It's good to hear you had some Mary Time, I had some of that too over the holidays, a girl needs that sometime.
I have this baby blanket i started when I was pregnant with Aaron, Mom started it with me, I haven't however finished it... perhaps I will finish it for one of my grandkids. LOL
Hope you visit my new blog sometime too!
Luv ya and miss ya.
Love Tante tineke.
Love the pic of you and Isaac too.
It was great to have all of you guys home for a little while. Glad you got home safe again. It was a long trip. And nice to have a weekend to yourselve.Love, DAD
Oh there you are! :) I kept looking... I knew I'd find you someday. :)
Sounds like you're working alot. I hope you're having some fun times too. Do you have a bunch of girlfriends to hang out with? I know that Isaac is busy studying -- hope he's doing well.
No snow! incredible. School's been cancelled here for 2 days on account of snow. The kids are happily playing in the livingroom as I type this.
I'll never give up on you Mary. I love you, Tante Karen
PS Keep up the work on the blanket. What a nice gift.
I was windering when you'd be in town Brian. I heard you and Ben are coming for dinner on tomorrow. Sweet! I wonder what Isaac's cooking? :) I look forward to seeing you!
~ Mary
Glad you got your crocheting fix and a girlie weekend! Those are such fun! I get to do that when the guys go on their back country canoe trips. Uncle Ray has four or five of those planned this summer....even one with his dad!! They're both very excited about that one!
What a neat picture, it brings back great summer memories! I was wearing my earrings just the other day!
TTYL, love ya, TT
Hey mary hows it going i think that Di, will love that blancket for micaiah good job you will have to send me a letter with a return adress so we can be pen pals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be fun talk about that fun i know somthing that isnt fun i have to limp alot because i hit my leg on a peice of pliwood so it like hurts like alotish anyway love you and o happy birthday and a happy new year ha that was funny:) cause its actully true Love you Missy
(maris)
sorry i ment for not micaiah love ya
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Hope you had a fun day. We missed celebrating with you. Love you, Tante Karen
Post a Comment