Sunday, January 27, 2008

ahh feeling pink and relaxed :)

Hi all. I had today off and have been relaxing most of the day. We had breakfast together this morning and then noticed we had quite a bit of time before we had to leave for church.
Ever since christmas, we've been taking turns reading aloud while the other cooks, crochets, sketches, etc. We're reading the series 'The Pendragon Cycle" (Stephen Lawhead) which I got for Christmas. It's really enjoyable and better than watching t.v. all the time. Anyway, since we had so much extra time this morning, Isaac read while I crocheted. After church, we picked up some bread and eggs and I finally baked my birhday cake - same as Becca's I heard - White cake with chocolate icing. We each had a piece in honour of eachother :)
I've been crocheting some more and am currently watching a Western. Man I haven't seen a Western in years.

In other news, work is going as usual. The aren't quite as many customers in the mornings most days so I'm able to do some stocking of shelves. I like the change of pace.
So far for Isaac, this semester is busier for than the last, but so far so good. He's got another round of exams coming up soon, so he's been at school everyday studying. That's where he is now too.
Well, that's all I've got for now. I'll talk to you again later.
Love you all!
~ Mary

6 comments:

sugarnuggets said...

What a fun way to hang out with each other...do you use accents and everything? The boys still love it when I read aloud to them too! It seems they won't outgrow it then???

Hope you have a great week crocheting and all that!! Great chatting the other day. Love ya, TT

Matt n Amanda said...

that sounds like a lot of fun! I can even imagine how fun that would be and it is nice time to spend together too. Glad that work is going ok for you and that studies are going well for Isaac. It is kinda a bummer with a new semester because it totally flips around your routine. I get that! haha. I should call you soon... what does saturday look like for you? love ya!
Amanda

The Nieuwhofs said...

It is just like a book on tape. But better. Glad to hear that you relax a little once in a while.
Love you lots, DAD

Dianna said...

well im glad that you got ot have a day off! i just love relaxing! I think we should chat again soon! Love you lots! Dianna

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I love that idea -- reading to each other.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks for the birthday wishes for Nicolle. hee, hee. She thought that was great.
Tuesday morning we woke up with no power and we got it back today at 3pm. Thank goodness for generators. :)
Glad to hear you and Isaac had some FUN times. Not just work and studies.
Lotsa love, Tante Karen and Omke Marten

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Hey there guys, glad to hear you guys are going so great, reading to each other sounds so much more entertaining then boring tv. but what can you do, i'll have to settle for tv for now.
take care and have a great week.
Love tante tineke