For the record, I did survive that day called Black Friday and the subsequent weekend and week. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I'm only now fully recovered from that hecticness. The store is staying very busy now but the manager says that during the week of Christmas, virtually no one is in the store because they're all "last minute christmas shopping at the malls, walmarts, kmarts and any other marts you can think of." Isaac and I are planning to leave here after I finish work on the afternoon of the 21st. Hopefully we'll just miss the rush hour madness - otherwise we'll both get irritable. We're planning on being back in town on the evening of the 29th so that we have a whole day together to recouperate before I have to start work again.
Things are going well here otherwise. Isaac has 3 exams before the 21st, so he's already studying alot for those. He's doing well in school and still enjoying it too.
We've nearly finished Christmas shopping, and I'm going to wrap the last of the presents now. I have a question that both Amanda and I wondered about. So what happens for Pakje Night if you don't get newspaper/flyers to wrap the presents in? I myself actually stole the neighbour's paper (I know. Verschrikkelijk net?), but I don't think they noticed because their last paper sat in the driveway for nearly 2 weeks. Anyway, I still think that Manda should either a) steal her neighbour's paper (or 'borrow it') b) buy a newspaper -like the Globe and Mail or c) wait til she gets to PEI and steal Mom's paper - Mom I hope you've started stocking up on the flyers at home. What are you going to do Manda?
Anyway... speaking of wrapping, I'd better use this opportunity to wrap Isaac's presents since he's at school right now. Love you guys.
~ Mary
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Hi guys,
I didn't know that flyers, or the lack of them would be a problem for you. Since we do not encourage stealing, we will be fully stocked with the latest flyers. So all you will need to bring are: presents and tape.
I only just started shopping. It will take a few more trips to town before I am done. Maybe I'll find some really good last minute deals.
Anyway, we look forward to seeing both of you. Hope all goes well with your job and Isaac,s exams.
See you soon, love, DAD.
I used wrapping paper. :P na na na na na na. it is purely brown and extrmely boring though. three of them have beautiful wrapping paper because they were already wearing that and they thought it would be a waste of money to change clothes and thought it would completely defeat the purpose. :) I hop eyou will still love me. have a great day!
Love Manda
I'm glad you survived the holiday rush, now I'm sure Isaac will survive the exam rush.
hahhaa Manda, you're hilarious! :P You made me smile. Good luck shopping Dad - you do know that the longer you wait, the busier the stroes will be, right?
Oh there you are! :) So good to hear from you again. Sounds like all is well and going like usual -- job is fine, Isaac is studying (good luck on exams Isaac), Christmas shopping is on your minds (maybe the neighbours will GIVE you their flyers after they're done -- worth a try), and you're getting set to come home... Yah, can't wait. It's soon. Love, Tante Karen
Sounds like such fun! We're sure those exams will go just fine!! Hang in there til then, and safe travels!!!
Love ya, TT
Hey Mary, I know that they get busier, but right now I've got too many other things on the go.
When I finish some of them, I can go shopping and keep my mind on it too.
Anyway, thanks for the advice.
Love, DAD
I just had to comment on Dads reply, started Christmas Shopping?
Ha Ha, we have to start yet.
I am glad that you are all on the ball though.
Ha Ha, very funny. This is starting to look like a forum.
We are commenting on comments. Hey Mary, what do you think of that?
Love, DAD
I think that's pretty funny Dad. I'm even commentin on my own blog. That's silly.
I think I'll write a quick update so that you all know that I'm still alive :P.
TOO MUCH FLYERS!.. theres only a stack atleast a foot high.. just for the record.. haha
- Becs
Post a Comment