So, my second week is well underway and things are going well. I'm picking up on things more quickly than I thought possible - mostly because of errors, but hey, ya gaotta learn somehow eh?
Today, a lady came through my checkout wearing a PEI Sweatshirt. I asked her if she was from there she answered that she had just visit this summer. I told her I was from PEI and she was so excited and told how much she loved it there. I felt like I was at home for about 1 minute, and that was nice :).
Other than that, business as usual. I get to have this weekend off and next weekend - the weekend of thanksgiving every one is on duty that works there. Basically, Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is the official kickoff to christmas shopping. Yikes. It'll be crazy busy.
Pray the God give me continued strength next week.
Love you!!
~ Mary
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I can't imagine you making too many errors. I bet you're doing great.
It's a small world (as they say). Imagine seeing someone with a PEI shirt?!?!?!
Black Friday (what a horrible name) sounds ominous. Good luck with that! :)
I said a prayer for you.
Love, Tante Karen
It's always nice to be reminded of home once and a while, isn't it?
sounds like things are going really well for you! Thats awesome. so ... do you get deals at Micheals? hehe. Have a super day! Love Amanda. I think I will give you a call sometime next week. what time works for you?
Glad to hear that your job is working out good for you. When you get busy, it is surprising how time goes by in a hurry.
How is you work schedule around Christmas? Will they let you go home at all?
Isn't it neat how a sweatshirt can lead to a conversation?
love you guys, DAD
Sounds like you are getting used to the job, certainly answered pprayer, for sure. Enjoy the weekend off, relax and store up energy for Black Friday, and the general Christmas onslaught.
Love MOM
Hi Mary I think that they will premote you and keep going tel your manger I havent been there when you were working but i know that you will finish your job soon love you. love maris (missy)
You better blog soon so we know you made it through Black Friday. :) Plus, we miss ya. Love, Tante Karen
Hey Mary,
Brian tipped me off to your blog, so I check up time to time. Just wanted to say I'm glad things are going well! Congrats on the job! I hope Christmas shopping season isn't treating you too harshly. And congrats to Isaac. It sounds like he's diligently succeeding at schoolwork as always. I don't know what your Christmas schedules look like, but I'm off from December 15 til Jan 15. Perhaps I could swing by DC sometime.
I love and miss you both!
-Kristin
Happy December!
You seem really busy... too busy to blog. Hope that means you're enjoying life, being married, your job, and this Christmas season.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of ya. Love, Tante Karen
Post a Comment