Hello Dearies.
Maybe you've heard it through the grapevine by now, but I'll just give the official word from myself. I got a job working at Michaels (arts and crafts) as a Front End Supervisor (FES for short). Basically, it means that I'm in charge of the cashiers as well as opening in the morning or closing at night. Also, I'm responsible for making sure that the registers and counters stay tidy and free of clutter and refilling the the candy and dollar bins. I've been at it since tuesday - shadowing the current FES, a friendly old gentleman who is looking to retire soon. Today was my first day doing everything without him since he had the day off. I was really nervous and anxious about it and I'm not sure if it was that or the coffee I had with supper last night, but I didn't sleep very well last night. I prayed alot about it last night and this morning though, and all in all, the day went well.
Anyway, I work the afternoon shift tomorrow instead of the morning so Isaac is cooking a nice supper for us (he was done at 11 this morning, so he offered to cook so that I could sit and relax. What a nice guy!) and we're going to watch a movie together afterward. Yay! A date!
I'm just going to catch up on everyone else's life now. I've been so exhausted from working this week that I just haven't had the energy.
Oh yeah, I was also going to let you know that Isaac had another exam yesterday - Biochemistry #2 (he said the hardest test he's taken to date). He got a 90% on it and and in that class, 86% and above is an A. I'm so proud of him. He's working really hard at school and doing well.
Anyway, I'm out for now. Love you all!!
~ Mary
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Your back! So glad that work went well for you! I knew you could do it and if you ever doubt yourself... just remember the little engine that could... I think I can I think I can! :) I hope you have a great weekend. Is it a holiday there too? I hope things are still going great and keep updating. You MUST have a lot to share... you are now in people watching heaven. Love you lots and I hope your day is Super. And tell Isaac great job and that he shouldnt be bummed about it (just in case he is) haha he did so awesome. Love yoU!
Amanda
Glad to hear that your job is going good. Sounds like your kind of job. Neat and tidy are words that fit your vocabulary. Hope all goes well with it.
And Isaac, Great job on the test. You are doing great. We are all proud of you.
Love, DAD
Great that everything goes well, have a great week on the job, and it is always good to know that you rely on God to help you through the days. Have a great week, and best wishes also to Isaac, and tell we are also proud of him. God wants us always to our best, and he is certainly showing that.
Love MOM
Congrats to you for your new supervisor job and to Isaac for his good grades.
hey sista ^_^ whats in you world. I miss you alot and hope to seee you somtime and i have a question for you will you be coming for chrismas? any way seee you somtime
What a fun job! 2 months down the road everything will be in a routine and you'll know all the ins and outs of the store. That'll be so cool, and you'll be in a great position to start a stash with your employee discount! Oh the things you will accomplish!
Have a fun time!! The nerves calm down as familiarity increases! Blessings today, love ya, TT
Congratulations! to both of you, I guess. A new job, Mary! A great grade, Isaac! Plus, cooking supper and a date night. What a guy! :O)
I always thought it would be great fun to work in a craft store. You're living my dream Mary. :) Only I didn't want to be behind a cash registrar. I'd like to be the person who makes all those flower arrangements. Wouldn't that be fun?
The first day jitters will soon end and you'll be a pro at this job. No more restless nights.
Take care, Love Tante Karen
Illicrerceism [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-prednisone-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Prednisone without no prescription online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-cipro-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Cipro without no prescription online[/url]
Post a Comment