Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

Since I spent the last post talking about how I'm doing, I thought it would be a good idea to let you know how things are going with Isaac.
Last weekend, he went to a neurologist in Maryland. He was home from Saturday night through Monday afternoon. The results of the appointment were promising. While the neurologist confirmed that Isaac may get migraines, he was of the opinion that this shouldn't be cause for disqualification at med school. He should hear from the USUHS medical waiver committee by the beginning of May (At the very latest) as to whether he will get the waiver and be able to attend the school. He's also been wait-listed at 3 schools: Wayne State (Detroit), University of Maryland (Baltimore), and Georgetown University (downtown Washington, D.C.). Being wait-listed means that they weren't able to give him a spot in the initial round, but they are also not able to disqualify him because he had a strong application. In the event that spots open up, Isaac's application would be looked over again, so there would be a second opportunity to be accepted. (Isaac is reading over my shoulder and telling me how to say things- just in case you perceive a discontinuity in my writing style.)
He's still busy with his 2 jobs. He recently started at another countertop/solid surface place. Here, they're teaching him how to work with granite. He says it's different from working with Corian-which is what he's used to from working in his Maryland shop, but it's fun too. He's saving the money he's making now to use once we're married, which is good since I probably won't be able to start work right away.

Well, we're going to start making our easter dinner now. We're doing duck with an orange sauce, potatoes, green beans, and sauteed onions and mushrooms, and home-made bread. For dessert, I'm making a key lime pie (Isaac's favourite). Quite a feast!
'Til Later,
Mary (and Isaac)

5 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Hi guys, glad to hear that the neurologist was positive. God will work things out in His own way. We can't add a thing to it by worrying about it. And if I understand it correctly, a waitlist is not bad either. Just look at Isaac, how many Med. schools he is on the waitlist for. It will be the same with students going into the school. They can only attend one.
Trust in God for His answer, it will be the right one.
Now I better stop, before my comment is longer then the blog.
God's Blessings to you both.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary
I just checked your blog on a whim, imagine my surprise to find that you left a message, it was more exciting than an easter egg hunt. it is nice to hear about the boring everyday stuff... hey maybe if all of you keep steady on your blogs..I might keep one too... fat chance, i dont know, maybe when i move out. Well imout, have a good one, Love ya!

rustico3059 said...

That sure sounds like a feast and I am glad you have a hobby together, mind you cooking would not be my first choice(neither did I ever dream that it would be your hobby, Mary)Greetings from the Cold and snowy North.
Do not forget to remember today the reason for Easter, that God loves both of you very much.
Love Mom

Dianna said...

Hey Mary, since the rest of the family is leaving their two cents worth of comments on here, I thought I better do the same...Glad you guys are getting a nice waistline today..everytime I thonk about the two of you the first thing that comes to mind is you cooking together whenever you get the chance, and second, you two watching cooking shows at upper clements park last summer...are you sure art was your true calling? I still think you two should pair up and become chefs!

Dianna said...

anyways,the computer messed up my groove...I think that you two are both doing really great and Im really proud of you both! Praying that your Easter was very blessed by our savior Jesus Christ! Lots and lots of Love Dianna
P.S> Im really bummed too about the wedding, just so you know! Love Ya!