Now, on to travels: I hope you're not too disappointed in this entry I had more pics of the way to Paris than I thought, so the trip to Paris over 2 posts. Paris itself may be slightly anticlimactic since we were only there for 1 night - long enough to catch a late dinner and some sleep before our train left at 6am the next morning. Before we got to Paris though, we went had lunch in Antwerp, BE.
Antwerp Central Station is such a gorgeous piece of architecture!Obviously, my picture doesn't do it justice.
Exterior of Antwerp Central Station
A small portion of the city
Writing postcards on the train
We had a long wait in a small town in France on the way to Paris, so we stopped at a cafe for lunch, but they didn't have food, so we had an espresso instead.
At this point, we had been trying to arrange reservations on an overnight train to San Sebastian in Spain, but all the trains to Spain were solidly booked. We decided to wait and try again once we got into Paris.
After that ordeal, the espressos definitely helped to raise our spirits and revive us.
Tomorrow, I promise, we'll be in Paris! :)

6 comments:
You're forgiven. :D
Packing does not sound fun!
No way am I disappointed... another set of awesome pictures, Mary. I can't believe you were at a french cafe and there was no food. How disappointing for you! :( No french pastries?!?
See you in Paris! Then off to Spain? Ooooohhh... can't wait.
Always with love, Tante Karen
For the record, the cafe claimed "Coffee, Snacks, and Bar" We assumed the snacks would be sandwiches or at the very least, pastries. Other places around the area claimed such also, but this one the only one open for lunch. As it turns out, it was more like a bar that also served some coffee and the "snacks" were actually from a vending machine serving all kinds of foreign, packaged sweets. We decided that we would be better off waiting for a healthier option elsewhere. Something that we didn't crash from after a sugar high. :P
Would you not call that false advertising? You certainly took some great pictures. The one with the espresso cups could certainly be made into a poster.
Have a great day, love
MOM
Love all the pictures...definitely worth the layover...I love the detail pictures of what you are doing...everyone sends postcards!!!
..and the cups of course...!
Packing isn't the worst thing in the world...it's part of closing one chapter and beginning the next. When we packed and moved...I wrote a quick content list on the outside of the box in black, and the room it went to, in red. This helped with the moving in part of moving....and it helped the people who were helping us a LOT. I defined specific closets with a sticky note:linen closet, pantry closet, front door closet...etc.
Np, Sorry for getting to your blog this late in the week, or early?
Anyway, love the pictures. Definately good architecture. I agree with mom, that picture with the cups could go on a calender.
Cya soon in Spain.........
Love, DAD.
I love love love the hands writing postcards pic. My favourite
did you book your ticket yet>?
I am awaiting your reply with love :)
Amanda
Post a Comment