Monday, June 23, 2008

Not quite a month later...

... but alot can happen in a month. We just came back from a little family vacation in Seven Springs, PA. We got there Friday night after Isaac's last final and my day of work. We left again yesterday morning and did a bit o'shopping at the outlets in Hagerstown (great deals... for those who ever come to visit and love shopping). Isaac really needed a new pair of jeans (he just put holes in his last nice pair) he also needed some dressy/professional outfits for this summer when he's doing his "summer experience" in Portland, Oregon. He'll be shadowing a doctor currently in the Indian Health Service for a month (more on that in the next post).
Also, I have officially given my two weeks notice (nearly 2 weeks ago). Talk about feeling less stressed. Now I can have a real vacation.
We're leaving this weekend for our honeymoon. Yay!
We cut out the Penzance part of the trip... it added an extra $500... for 2 days - not worth it. So an extra day in Edinburgh or 2 extra one in London is now the plan.
Anyway, we're going out tonight and I still need to shower. (we had a large freight truck today, so much sweating was done. TMI?)
I also just finished cleaning the bathroom, wall and all.
Thanks for reading. Hope you're all doing well!
Love you much,
~ Mary

6 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Soo nice to hear from you. Glad you guys had a good weekend. Are you looking forward to your honeymoon yet? Or is that putting it mildly?
Have a great rest of your week.
Love, DAD.

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you guys will have a great time. enjoy the differed honeymoon! last night was fun. i'm glad i could see you one more time before my departure.

Mary and Isaac said...

Me too Brian. Maybe we'll visit SoCal next...

sugarnuggets said...

Yeah....you finally get to go! You must be soooo excited!!!
Have a wonderful time!!!

Love you, TT

Karen Nieuwhof said...

So nice to hear from you again. I've been wondering how you two are doing! :)
So exciting looking forward to a trip, isn't it? Glad you don't have the added stress of a job you don't enjoy to go back to. Do you have your resume in a lot of places?
Can't wait to hear about your trip and what ya'll did. Have a GREAT time.
Enjoy your evening out. Love to both, Tante Karen

Matt n Amanda said...

I guess we never did get that other phone call in. I thought later that I was supposed to call you but so many things come up. I hope you have a really awesome time in England. Take LOTS of pictures because that is as close as I will probably ever get. Love yoU!!!