Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm done!

Well, friends, I did it! I have officially completed my College career... well, unless you consider my field study this summer "school". But it can hardly be called school when you're oustide everyday digging in the dirt for cool (and sometimes boring) stuff, can it?
I'll begin packing my things and cleaning (a.k.a. scrubbing) the house later this afternoon- after I pick up Isaac from work and we go out for ice cream to celebrate. Tomorrow will be spent doing most of the same thing (packing and cleaning.... not eating ice cream, lol) as well as hair cuts all around tomorrow night. Friday, our families are coming. So exciting!! and Saturday it's graduation. Who knew 4 years ago I'd be at this point today? It seemed long such a long way to go 4 years ago, but now looking back, it's actually flown by.
Well, hopefully now that I won't always have homework and things, I'll actually be able to update a little more frequently. For now though, I'm going outside to catch some of the sun that just came out.
By for now,
~ Mary

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Congratulations Mary! So excited and proud of you for having jumped over the last hurdle and successfully completing school! I love you muchly, and am jealous that you get to spend some time with Mom and Dad.Hopefully we will see them in September. You so what you gotta do to get them here in the states eh? Congratualations again! Im proud of you! Lots of Love! Di

Dianna said...

I meant to say you do what you gotta do to get them to the States!

The Nieuwhofs said...

Sorry that I didn't get to your blog sooner Mary. I know that it doesn't give you much incentive to keep it going.
And again I want to say what a wonderfull time we had with you and Isaac in Grand Rapids, and how proud we are of the two of you. It was great to meet Isaac's family as well. Mom and I really enjoyed it.
I guess we will see you on Tuesday.
Love, DAD.

Chelsea Gallant said...

I found you!!! :P Still haven't found you on facebook though!! I never did congratulate you on graduating!! You stuck it out for four years, and you made it! I'm proud of you girl! You did it! Good luck on the "dig"! You can do it! Just hang in there!